Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March in a Nutshell

 This picture pretty much sums up March :)
I won't elaborate, but March was pretty much one big punch to the gut! (Dramatic, eh?) Lots of snow, lots of sick days for the girls, and lots of not-so-fun issues for Josh and I to deal with. I'm glad March is over and I have high hopes for April!
However, March did provide us with a fun trip to Maine and lots of fun moments scattered throughout the month....
But first, the snow. The day we got back from Maine we got slammed with a new foot of snow. It was pretty sad, but at least the girls were excited about playing in the fresh powder.
Josh introduced the girls to March madness and they were glued to the TV during the Duke game :)
Bryn had spirit week at school and her favorite days were "dress like an animal" day and "crazy hair" day.
We didn't go all out for St. Patrick's Day, but Bryn did insist on making a Leprechaun Trap. She decorated it on her own and the best part was the sign she added that said "Come on in, little fella" :)
 Mya spent the month taking good care of all her baby dolls.
 More snow.
 I've painted and sold several watercolor paintings of Tuck this past year, so Bryn wanted to join in the fun! I did a really quick sketch of the Tuck building and she painted it. I like her version more than mine :)
 Playdates and dressing up
 I walked into the living room one morning and found Mya leaning on Bryn as they read together. Cutest thing ever!
 Bryn is so sweet to read to Mya all the time. It's my favorite thing! Bryn and Mya both love the Elephant and Piggie series of books by Mo Willems. We always have a few of them checked out from the library and my girls read them over and over again. 
 Mya has officially entered the dressing-up phase and it's killing me!
 Bryn is still loving her gymnastic class.
 I had a fun night last week driving down to Massachusetts for my friend Tiffany's baby shower. It was so fun to get together with some of my Tuck friends who left last year and now live in Boston. I've met some pretty fabulous ladies at Tuck and it was so fun to reconnect!
 Silly girls after church last week.
We got out the Easter box early this year and these bunny ears are worn by one of the girls almost at all times :)
Such a sweet moment watching the LDS women's meeting with my two girls snuggled up next to me! Mya only last about 5 minutes, but Bryn watched the whole thing next to me and especially loved the story about the little girl named Bryn who just had one hand.
Hallelujah! It has finally warmed up to the 40's and it's felt like summer this past week! We've been going on walks around the neighborhood every day and it's so great to actually be out of the house! 
And that is March in a nutshell!

No comments: