Monday, January 6, 2014

Brynlee's 5th Birthday

 Little Miss Bryn turned 5 on December 30th and she sure had a fun birthday. We spent the morning sledding (I think I'll post those pictures separately) and then Bryn got ready for her annual birthday date with Dad. She had been looking forward to it for so long and she was pretty giddy about it....that's why I couldn't get a normal picture out of her!
 As per tradition, Josh and Bryn went to the local bookstore and Bryn got to pick out a book to buy. She chose a cute chapter book this year and has had fun reading it at home.
 The plan was to walk down the street from the bookstore and get gelato, but the gelato shop was closed for the holidays. Josh took her to Dunkin Donuts instead and Bryn was thrilled.
After their date we opened presents. I think her favorite gift was the "My Father's Dragon" trilogy. It's a darling chapter book that she loves and she hadn't read the 2nd and 3rd books yet, so she was really excited to get them. 
 She got really gourmet and chose homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner, with green grapes and green peas. 
 I made a really basic cake with "Anna" on it from Frozen. 
Happy Birthday Bryn!
Brynlee is such a sweet daughter and a great little helper and friend to me throughout the day. I love laughing with her, reading with her, and watching her grow. She is always buzzing with curiosity and creativity and it's so fun to see the clever and elaborate projects and performances that she comes up with. I'm lucky to be her mom and I'm excited for all the good times we have ahead!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

my heart hurts when I see these pics and read about your fantastic family, I miss you guys so much!