Thursday, September 13, 2012

Paint

Josh is usually gone every night meeting with his little study buddies on campus. I've decided I need to keep myself busy with hobbies and projects in the evenings while I'm husband-less and the kids and snoozing. Last night I finally blew off the dust from my paints (I don't think I painted at all during Mya's pregnancy) and started a small painting that morphed from one subject to another until it ended up as a weird little made-up floral arrangement. 
I forget how much I love painting....even when I'm horribly rusty. All day I've been thinking of subjects to paint and I'm excited about starting some new projects. Hopefully this post will make me more accountable to get to work and make some good art! It's been too long! 

4 comments:

JS said...

lovin it! Can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Lar, that is so cool! I can't believe you can just sit down and create something like that. You are so talented!

Jane Huddleston said...

I love it! Keep Painting! And when you don't have anywhere else to store them then I will buy them from you. :) I love your style and your color schemes and I want them in my home.

Marie said...

you really are so talented!