Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Utah

Did I mention we mention we moved from Huntington Beach to New Hampshire?
I have to be honest, it almost killed me! (Maybe I'm just being dramatic because I'm still lacking sleep, but really...it was hard!)
I've never been so physically and emotionally exhausted than the week of our move. A move is never fun, but especially not with a hyper 3 year old and a 6 week old baby. Oh, and a sleep-deprived woman who gets stressed easily (me).
Anyway.....once we loaded all of our stuff into the moving truck we drove straight to Utah for a break! We mostly just laid low at my parent's house and had fun doing nothing, but we also fit in a few fun things...
 It was h.o.t. in Utah, so we went to the splash pad a few times.
 Bryn tagged along with a few older girls and offered pringles as a bribe to let her play with them. It worked.
 Awww....my Dad and Mya had a good connection. He would get her to make the sweetest little "coo-ing" noises and lots of big smiles.
 My sister (who looks way too cute to be five months pregnant!) and her husband came up to visit us a few times while we were there and it was so great to spend time with she and her husband!
 All the girls of the family
 Mom and Dad
I think they liked Mya :)
 Marie and Devin with the girls
 Mya loved all the attention she got!
 One of my favorite things was hiking with Logan!
He just did his Eagle Scout project on this trail, so it was really cool to see how the trail had improved! 
 Mom and Mya

 Mya was totally care free, not realizing we were about to move her across the country from all these fun people who were making her smile!
 Bryn reading with my Grandma Tueller
 Logan was such a great help with Bryn and Mya
 He and Bryn made a pretty sweet fort in the basement with lots of tunnels and "rooms". Yes, Brynlee was in heaven!
 Mya and my Grandma Clarke
Bryn and Jordan
Josh was only in Utah for a few days and then he drove across the country with two of my brothers, to unpack the moving truck and get the furniture set up. (Thank you thank you thank you to those three!!!)
I stayed in Utah with the girls for a week longer and then I flew back once things were somewhat settled. 
I am so glad I had time in Utah before we moved out here. It was completely wonderful to spend time with family and have such a great break!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It is hard to move away from all that is familiar. You'll start getting into your routine and finding the treasures New Hampshire has to offer and then you won't be able to wait until family comes to see your new stomping grounds. Enjoy your years in school. They really are a special time. Hard? Yes. Stressful? Yes. Worth it? Yes.