Sunday, April 22, 2012

Felt Hair Clips

 I mentioned a few weeks ago that I wanted to learn how to make felt hair clips to use with Bryn and the new baby. The next thing I knew I got a package from my good friend Jen, who is the queen of all things FELT! She told me her favorite place to buy wool felt and then sent me four felt hair clips she had made (see above). THANK YOU JEN! I bought some wool felt from that website and then got to work trying to copy her hair clips :) I don't think I'm skilled enough to make a pinwheel like that (I love that one), but I do want to try making some felt bows like her blue one. 
Anyway, here are my little felt flower clips....









I love projects like this that you can just do by hand, in your lap, while watching Pride and Prejudice. That is the definition of a good craft project for me!
No sewing machine, glue gun, ironing board, etc. Just felt, scissors, needle and thread!
Hopefully I can put these to good use with Bryn and baby girl #2 :)

8 comments:

Alli said...

I'm on the verge of tears over these. Please start an etsy shop so I can buy every single one. Oh, and I need to have a girl.

{autie} said...

thanks, I'll take one in every color!
so cute, laura!

JS said...

I will gladly hand over the felt crown to you! You have officially become the queen! They are beautiful, and will be the perfect accessory! I love them!

Hema and Becky said...

perfectly adorable! you are do talented!

Diana Hulme said...

so cute. i love them!

Karen said...

If I ever have a girl, she doesn't have a chance being as cutely accessorized as your girls!!:) The ones from your friend and the ones you made are all so cute. You do beautiful work. I love how you can just put something together so easily and it looks so nice.

Jessica F. said...

Promise me you'll make me at least one if I'm having a girl? Those are seriously amazing. I love them!

Emily C said...

JEN is total hair bow queen!! still to this day some of my favorite hair clips were from Jen at my baby shower. these are no exception!! and YOURS are absolutely amazing too!! But I wouldn't expect anything less from a creative artist like yourself. A beautiful little garden!