Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yum.

I think I'm probably the last person to find out about the food blog Our Best Bites. It is awesome! I've tried lots of their recipes the last few weeks and they've all been great. Here are a few we've loved....
Yum. This recipe is a big step up from my old recipe for chicken tacos. I also use this chicken for a southwest past salad and it's delish!
This is really easy, flavorful, and moist. I served it with roasted red potatoes and vegetables, and then made the leftover chicken, potatoes, and vegetables into a pot pie the next night. Super yummy.
My friend Jen introduced me to this recipe and it's amazing. We serve the taquitos with black beans and Trader Joe guacamole.
Mango Quinoa Salad (adapted from the Biggest Loser)
I didn't like this one as much when I served it, but I really loved it the next day. Maybe the flavors just had to mesh together or something? It's really fresh and light.

7 comments:

Brandi said...

I love that blog. My mom bought me the recipe book for mothers day. it is super good. I think the salad looks somgood! Josh is a lucky guy.

Nate and Julie said...

Our best bites is my favorite! I cook their stuff all the time and am yet to be disappointed!

JS said...

Three Cheers for Our Best Bites! Seriously love everything about their food.

I have another recipe for you... it isn't best bites, but I think you will love it. :)

whitney johnson said...

apparently the last person to find out about that blog is me! :) those dishes look yummy--definitely want to try some of those out! thanks for sharing

Kristen M said...

my friend just made that quinoa salad for a picnic today! It was so yummmmmmmm. hope you're doing well Lar. Love ya!

Hema and Becky said...

Yum, yum and yum! Everyone of those looks fabulous! It doesn't help that I am starving and we cam e home from vacation to no food in the house on a Sunday. I think I might check out the recipes for my shopping trip tomorrow!

miss said...

I LOVE Our Best Bites. I adapt their recipes to be gf all the time. I made pumpkin cheesecake oatmeal something or other bits at Thanksgiving and they were a huge hit! And this is so random, I've seen the mango quinoa salad on so many blogs over the past month! I made it last week and added avocado. It does need to mesh together for about a day before it tastes good!