Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Felt Projects

A year ago I spent hours making a big felt quiet book for Bryn. She loves to pull it out at home, but I rarely take it to church or anywhere else because it's so bulky. As an alternative, I've been making simple felt games like this one, where I can put them in little ziploc bags and easily slip them into my purse. I made really simple animal homes and animals, then Bryn matches the animal to the home. Some of the parts are sewed, but to make it faster I used hot glue and sharpie marker for much of it. I should have just skipped making the quiet book entirely and make little games like this instead, because they're so quick to make and so much easier to carry around. Hooray for simple projects... and three cheers for felt!

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is an adorable idea! I have a big pile of random felt sitting on my dresser waiting for me to make the quiet book I have been planning to make for about three years now. I just have to DO IT already!! haha

mj said...

That is so cute. I'm totally stealing this idea for when I have little babies.

Karen said...

Want to send some my way? Those look so nice and fun.

Nate and Julie said...

I am totally stealing this! I was just telling my husband about your awesome flashcards you made. I just need to get some felt and get busy! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jessica F. said...

Cute Lar!

Janice Richardson said...

Laura, I think you'd like some of the felt activities I sell for toddlers/preschool on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/feltyfun

You don't have to buy them, and are welcome to make some youself for Brynlee!
What fun ideas!

{autie} said...

umm...we didn't get the owl!
HEY! {wink, wink}
Ivy loves these...! I was so glad to have them in my purse the other day when we were at a restaurant...perfect idea!

whitney johnson said...

wow, CUTE idea. so creative--i would've never thought of that!

Diana Hulme said...

ok...you just keep getting better & better! and maybe this is one i can copy...especially the hot gluing part! :) keep posting your ideas, love them.

Missy Johnson said...

Those are adorable, and I love the fabric in the background.

PS - Buckano? That is so hilarious!

The Zeediks said...

I can hardly stand it Laura! This is the cutest thing ever!! I need to do this! Can I ever make them as cute?Do you just use stiff felt as the back? I mean really. These are just so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Love and Lollipops said...

This is such a fantastic idea...and cute too...make me smile!

Kaylyn said...

Those are adorable. Those animals and homes make me want to just make a set for my girls to play with. So cute!