Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bryn's Quilt

I just finished a quilt! Which is a big deal since I'm definitely not a quilter. I sewed a patchwork quilt years ago and tied it with yarn (you know the kind I mean?), but I'd never done this type of quilt before. I couldn't find a good striped material that I liked, so I sewed strips of blue and green together to make the top layer, and then the bottom is just a solid piece. For the "quilting part" I just connected the layers together with straight lines every three stripes. It was a fun project. It's 44" x 60" so it will be Brynlee's quilt for her toddler bed. I thought she'd need a toddler bed sooner, so I started on this quilt months ago. But now it might be a while before she switches to a toddler bed, so the quilt will just sit in a box. Yadda yadda yadda, too much information. But hooray for quilts!

5 comments:

Emily C said...

Did you hand quilt? Love it!

HolliJo said...

Super cute! I love it! Great job. Be careful - it can be addicting ;).

Diana Hulme said...

LAURA = AMAZING WONDER WOMAN. I am in awe. :)

And P.S. I love that Dana Point spot! So pretty.

{autie} said...

woo hoo! great job, girlie! When I saw it I didn't realize that each of the stripes was a separate piece...holy! You're awesome!

The Durr's said...

Laura, you are amazing! That quilt looks awesome!