Saturday, May 22, 2010

Art for Bryn's Room

I'm still finishing Bryn's "nursery", even though she's 17 months old. I finally finished a little collage of pictures for one wall. (My little brother Logan drew the two bird drawings on the ends. )
I found the three small black frames at Target in the dollar section for a three-pack. I used paper scraps and acylic matte medium to do the three mini collages in those frames. The two square white frames were from Goodwill for a dollar each. I wasn't a big fan of the lovely rose photos that were in them, so popped out the photos and mats, and then made the simple replacement pictures.
I just drew the bike and flower design on regular white computer paper and cut it out with scissors. Then I glued them, pencil side down, to blue cardstock that I had. An easy naptime project!
I'm not sure if I love the bicycle. It looks a little too boyish and little too street-sign-ish. (I'm actually just realizing that. Oops).
My to-do list has one fewer project to finish!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Hey Laura! So, I'm having a baby shower in CA, and I'd love to send you an invite! You can email your address to me at meghancaldwell1@gmail.com

Also, if you email me, I can also make sure you're on my list for my blog - we went private recently.

Meghan

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

very cute!

Diana Hulme said...

lar...another amazing project...love it! :)