Saturday, January 30, 2010

Quiet Book Grand Finale

I'm sure you'd rather not hear another word about my quiet book, but this will be the last of it. Here's the finished cover. I used regular cotton fabric with thin batting in between. I cut my fabric long enough to wrap around the whole book and overlap across the top. And I left a little room so I can add more pages down the road. I sewed the pages together in pairs, back to back. The pages and the cover all had button holes for the ribbon to go through.
The cover closes with velcro.
And here's what it looks like opened up. It's been a huge hit with Brynlee! Her favorite part is yanking the velcro flowers off and hiding them underneath random flaps throughout the book.
Here's the individual pages:
And here's another quiet book that you've got to see, if you haven't already:
Check out her other projects, too!

6 comments:

{autie} said...

It's amazing! I'm taking lessons from you!! Great Job, girl.

Brandi said...

WOW! I love it! I don't know if I would let my kids touch it. I would put it away somewhere safe. Adorable.

Clarke Family said...

Have you made one for Josh yet?!

Nate and Keshia said...

I absolutely love the book. You always make the cutest things and motivate me to get creative. And the picture of Brynlee at the top of your blog is adorable!

Gloria said...

Laura this turned out AMAZING!! It seriously looks sooo cute! If you ever decide to sell them let me know I'd definitely be interested! :)

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to put a quiet book together for a while now but have been worried about how to put it together. This is the simplest binding I've seen and I can't wait to get started! Thanks for sharing :)