Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mirror Project

A while ago I found this mirror at Goodwill for $7.00. I really liked the shape, but I wasn't a fan of the sea foam green. So I decided to paint it black.
It took FOREVER to tape around all the curved lines. It wasn't as easy as I thought. (There is probably an easier way to do it!)
Then I sanded, primed, painted it black, and peeled off the covering. My careful taping wasn't good enough and a lot of primer had seeped through. But it scratched off with a razor blade.
This is Brynlee's wall before the mirror. (With one of my paintings that definitely doesn't match her room!)
And here's the after. It wasn't a difficult project, but just tedious.

9 comments:

Diana Hulme said...

so cute, lar! i think it looks so much better black! :) i want to go thrift store shopping with you...have you heard of the blog called life in the fun lane? it's this girl who re-paints ugly old furniture and turns it beautiful & white. the address is http://www.inthefunlane.com/

Andrew and Haley said...

you're sooo good~

Merrick said...

I'm so impressed with all your fun projects! I think I need to go check out our Goodwill to see if I can find anything good!

The Durr's said...

Laura I love all your projects!! You are so talented!! :)

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

ohhh that's way cute!!!

The Pixton Family said...

LOVE it!

Hema and Becky said...

That turned out so cute. I usually start projects like that, but never finish!

Jane Huddleston said...

Yeah it turned out great. I want something like that for Halle's room. It would fit perfect! I'm going to have to start shopping at Goodwill to find treasures like that!

{autie} said...

LOVE it! I just found your blog...so fun! such a fun project, you're my kinda girl!