Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Screamer

Brynlee's newest thing is screaming. I think she must get it from all the angry screaming Josh and I do in the home. (Ha). Luckily, it's "happy screaming". When she gets really excited about something she does a few fake coughs, then lets out loud, high pitched screaming and kicks her legs. Or if I want to make her do it, then I just do one little soft screaming sound and it will set her off. I can't decide if it's cute or strange. Should I encourage this screaming or get her to stop? Parenting brings the hardest decisions!

6 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I think it is just part of them finding "their voice". Sterling use to do it all the time and now he doesn't so much.
The fake cough in my favorite! What a little cutie you have!!!

The Pixton Family said...

Just enjoy it- soon she'll move on to another silly noise. You'll be glad you have it on video!

allirasmussen@gmail.com said...

so cute..raquel did that all the time too...just love it :)you'll find the teething 'noises' (or crying) much more troublesome ;)

Meg and Abe said...

I think encouraging noises is a good thing. When babies make noise it reassures you that they can hear themselves which is always a good sign. Plus that is how they learn to use their voice. I was a nanny for a baby girl that would make the scariest growling noises. It was really freaky to hear such a weird noise coming from a tiny baby girl, but that's just how they learn. haha

Hema and Becky said...

Hey, as long as my kids aren't screaming no or something else naughty, I say just enjoy it! She is getting too big!

Susie Faye said...

Love the screaming! It looks like you guys are doing great. She truly is beautiful - Susie wants to know if those are daddy's eyes?