Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gettin' Crafty (Part I)

My sister Marie is one of the most BEAUTIFUL, talented, creative people I know. And she has the coolest style! I wish I could put together the type of outfits that she comes up with. Anyway, while I was visiting Utah Marie taught me how to make a few of the little accessories that she makes. One of them is these cute fabric flowers. You can make them into headbands (as pictured above), hair clips, pin them onto your favorite cardigan to spice things up, attach them to a bag, or whatver else you come up with. I made three bunches in cream, plum, and black.
They're really simple. You just cut 5-6 circles of fabric in varying sizes, then stack them from biggest to smallest. Then sew them together with some little beads or pearls, add some puckering, and then sew on the pin, hair clip, or headband. They're easy, but they turn out great!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Lets make some of these at the Hawkins Reunion. I think you should be in charge of arts and crafts!