Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The London pants are back

This is a long story, but it has a happy ending, so it's worth it: I spent the summer of 2005 in London on a BYU study abroad, and it was an amazing experience -- particularly for my taste buds. (Notice the beautiful freshly baked breads at the Borough Market above). For some reason I just went for it and ate all the English delicacies that I could find. I'm still not sure what happened to my self-control while I was there. Here are just a few of the pictures of me and the food.

The first, of many, trips to an Indian restaurant near the BYU London Center.

We are just about to dig into our dessert... following an already large-enough and fattening-enough meal of steak and ale pie.

Seriously, why didn't someone stop me!?
Just hanging out with my Professor's son....oh yeah, and a table covered in English candy, cookies, and sweets!

Needless to say, I came home much rounder. And I had to buy several new pairs of pants and tops to accomodate my new girth. Buying new clothes because of a weight gain is never a fun thing. However, I eventually lost the London weight and was able to box up those roomier clothes. The good news of this story is that those London clothes have been put to good use again...as maternity clothes! Josh will say "Oh, did you get some new maternity pants?" and I'll say "Oh no, these are just London pants." At least now I have an excuse to fit into them! I guess some nightmares do have happy endings.

No comments: